Business Valais is at the heart of a network of skills and platforms launched by the public economy departments of Western Switzerland (CDEP-SO).
The Ark Foundation
The Ark Foundation organises and coordinates the different activities allowing the establishment, the birth (start-up), the growth and the blossoming of business in Valais.
Research institutes :
- Institute of Entrepreneurship & Management of HES-SO Valais/Wallis
- Institute of Information Systems of the HES-SO Valais/Wallis
- Institute of Health of the HES-SO Valais/Wallis
- Institute of Systems Engineering of HES-SO Valais/Wallis
- Institute of Social Work of HES-SO Valais/Wallis
- Institute of Life Technologies of HES-SO Valais/Wallis
- Institute of Tourism of HES-SO Valais/Wallis
- Icare : The Icare Institute is dedicated to creating innovative solutions in information systems, in particular through the development of new software products specifically designed for industrial production.
- Idiap :The Idiap Research Institute is an independent not-for-profit research foundation affiliated to the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL). Its activities include basic research and development in the fields of multimedia information management, perceptive and cognitive systems, social media, personal biometric recognition, multimodal information interfaces and large-scale machine learning.
- Platinn (Innovation platform for western Switzerland): supports startups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) in their business innovation projects. Thus, it plays an important part in improving their innovatability and their competitive edge.
- CleantechAlps (Your cleantech gateway to Western Switzerland)
- AlpICT (Information Technology Centre for Western Switzerland)
- BioAlps (BioAlps, the life science cluster of Western Switzerland)
- Micronarc (Communication platform of a unique centre of excellence)